I tossed the idea of a dinner party around for a while, but could never figure out the logistics of it all. When I knew that he would be gone a good portion of a Saturday, I decided to throw a party together quickly, have family over, and just make it more casual and laid back, just like my hubby likes. After all, this was all about him and his accomplishment! I decided to make it themed around his job, thus books, papers, and neckties became the "theme", and I served a loose adaptation of his favorite foods...in mini form! (Burgers (sliders), Fried Chicken (Chick-Fil-A Nuggets), Quesadillas, Sweet Tea, M&M's & Chocolate Cake)
(NOTE: I am the world's worst photographer, so please excuse the bad photos below. :) )
Food tent cards with a neck tie and newspaper background
I printed out various documents found online, threw in a little legal paper, then printed over them to make a congratulations banner.
I wanted the table to appear messy and covered in books and papers just like his desk at work. I used decorations that we had from around the house (such as these oversized eyeglasses) to complete the "business man theme".
I folded napkins to look like neckties. Tutorial found here.
He loves M&M's, so I had to serve them, of course. I set them on some faux books.
Tent card says, "Healthy Stuff (Not Jeremy's Favorite)". Had to serve something other than greasy!
Had to serve his favorite chocolate cake!
So proud of you, Jeremy! Love you so much!





No comments:
Post a Comment