
The Food:

And Pretzels...

And Pickles...
(We made labels for some of the food in a carnival theme. My mom was pretty good at designing them!)And Peanuts...
(More Labels)And Miracle Youth Tonic...
I saw this idea on Party Perfect Orlando and went a step further. My mom put my dad's head on Rhett's body. They were a big hit!
And Cookies...

...And Cake!
(My ever-so-talented friend, Betsy, made the cakes and cookies for the party. She is amazingly talented! They could not have been more perfect!)
LOTS of Cake!
(I made this circus stand by turning a beverage tub upside down and painting triangles on it. Pretty cute for a cake stand!)

We also had popcorn, frito pie, and roasted corn on the cob (not shown).
We had Carnival Games:


The Decor:
I saw this idea on Party Perfect Orlando and went a step further. My mom put my dad's head on Rhett's body. They were a big hit!And Cookies...
...And Cake!
(My ever-so-talented friend, Betsy, made the cakes and cookies for the party. She is amazingly talented! They could not have been more perfect!)LOTS of Cake!

(I made this circus stand by turning a beverage tub upside down and painting triangles on it. Pretty cute for a cake stand!)


We also had popcorn, frito pie, and roasted corn on the cob (not shown).We had Carnival Games:





(My brother made this for my niece's birthday and let us borrow it for Rhett's.)



The "Throne"I found these unfinished wooden pennants at Michael's, and thought they could be carnival-like. I painted them and added new ribbon and Rhett's name and hung it over the cake table.
No carnival is complete without a kissing booth. And what a cute kisser too!
I framed pictures of each month of Rhett's life all around the house. I took each picture on his monthly birthday, the 13th of each month.
The Party Favors:
Because everyone wins a goldfish at a carnival! These were so cheap too! I paid $0.49 a piece for the glass containers and $0.13 a piece for the fish. Not a bad favor for a total of $0.62!The Invite:




Last one... We had One Year Pics taken on Sunday afternoon. This is the sample pic from our session. I hope they are good!
(source)











38 comments:
Oh wow, what an awesome party! You went all out!
You did an amazing job on the party!!!! Devin talked about it all day Sunday! I'm sure you need a few days to rest after your busy weekend. I can't wait to see the pictures.
That's one pretty Mommy and baby...oh...I mean toddler! :) We had so much fun and cannot imagine a better party.
that pic is so beautiful of you and so precious of my nephew!!!
i am really thinkin' you should be a party planner. you do awesome work!
WoW! You did an AMAZING job on the party! Your friend Betsy did an awesome job too on the cakes and cookies. What great memories for his 1st birthday! Happy Birthday Rhett!
I love the last photo. I am sure those will all turn out beautiful!
Oh my gosh, Brittany! Everything was amazing! All the special touches were so adorable! What a fun party and probably just as much fun to plan and prepare for!
I cannot wait to see his one year pictures either!
What a fun and wonderful party you created! I'm sure everyone had a ball, including the guest of honor...Rhett! You are SO cleaver, now you've got to out do yourself on every birthday from now on....NO PRESSURE!
The sample pic is JUST gorgeous! Hugs from Houston...Susan
I'm stunned!
Crazy what a 2 year marinade will accomplish!
Looks like a fun time!
everything was great!!!!!!
That party is AMAZING! What time and preparation you put into it. I love all of the food, the decorations were so great and that cake was adorable. Cute, cute, cute!
Happy Birthday to your cutie!
XOXO
Jen
Oh wow! How amazing - I can't believe all of the neat things you did! I'm definitely going to bookmark this for my ideas! :)
P.S. The photo of you and your little man is so sweet!
wow! you outdid yourself! i know that party was a hit. all your details were so cute, i'm sending my sister over to check out your pics for baby jacks first b-day...
love your new blog layout btw.
You went crazy and it looks SO GREAT! Way to go!
OMG!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! You need to go into business!!!!
what a great party! i have a lot of the same things for my party! i may have to use your cake stand idea though..so cute! do you mind? :)
OMGosh! I wish I could have come!!!! I am going to have to go back and look at those pics again. All the treats and drinks with Rhett's pictures on them we so cute. That last picture {sweet love} is beautiful.
INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! DELIGHTFUL! Love everything about your party--- the kissing booth and photo lolly pops and cakes... oh my!!!
I just saw your party over on Everday Celebrating. You did a fabulous job. Amazing!
Amazing job!!! I love your attention to detail...thanks for sharing so many great ideas! :)
loved your ideas! I am doing a carnival theme for my daughter's 13th birthday with the piece de resistance' being the dunk tank!! I would love to know what website your mom used for the labels!!!
Lisa King
Tulsa OK
WOW...I LOVE everything! I have a Rhett also, he just turned five this year, I wonder if he'd like a circus party for number six. You have totally inspired me to try the circus theme out, maybe I'll use it for Wyatt's first birthday in January. Thanks for sharing!!
that looked like one FANTASTIC party - how tired were you after??
everything looks fantastic!!
all the labels and artwork is amazing...
I'm throwing a carnival/circus theme party for my son Everett's first birthday, too. I love all of your ideas. You threw a great party!
Where did you get the swirl lollipops from? I've googled and googles but cant find any in bulk!
Thanks!
WOW! I found you through Creative Party Blog and I must say, this is one amazing party! I love that the party favors were fish - too cute. And, the cakes are incredible.
love all the fun ideas! i'm doing a carnival party for my little guy next month and will be borrowing lots of ideas, thanks! :)
Loved the cake! And all the lables... and such a brilliant favour - well done!
Hi. I saw your party on the creative hostess, how lovely! Just wanted to let you know I am running a contest where you can win $100 gift card to Anthroplogie- I think your party would be a great addition- http://thecitycradle.com/throw-an-imperfect-party-win
blessings
I absolutely love these ideas! My daughter is turning 5 this year and we are planning a carnival party! Please tell me if you made the multi-colored canopy or ordered it! I need one of those! Thanks! Angela -- gmnavarro@bellsouth.net
What a beautiful party! I was curious about the fishbowls. I haven't found a site that offers them so cheaply. May I ask where you bought them? Greatly appreciate the info!
Hi Nella!
Didn't find a link back to you, so I hope you check back here. I got the glass containers at Hobby Lobby when they were having a 1/2 glass sale. Hope they have a store near you! If not, I saw them at WalMart also, but not sure on the price.
Thanks so much Brittany!
I've always had this party in the back of my mind for Westin's first birthday. :) I just showed this post to Cody and I think we are going to go with a similar theme for Westin's party! :) I'll definitely be copying some of these CUTE ideas!
This is so my kind of party! Love everything. Great job!
what a great party! :) I became a follower of your blog!
Erin
www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com
awesome party! Love the popcorn cake and the goldfish as favors!! great ideas!!
Hi....Brittany
Lovely party and I know it was years ago! Lol but I was trying to fing the concession canopy online for purchase. Throwing a stadium theme baby shower. Thanks in advance.
Post a Comment